Colleen's Corner

Monday, January 18, 2010

OUR LITTLE SONGBIRD

I can remember my Grandma Sullivan humming and singing as she worked in her kitchen. She didn't have a license so rarely left her house, and living just up the road from us, I often rode my bike to see her. She had a very old fashioned farmhouse kitchen with little to no counter space so everything was made at the table. She hummed and sang every step she took and then would beat her batter to the song's melody.


Well, our little Katherine Elizabeth is just like Grandma. She can be mad at me or frustrated with something and in little to no time at all, I hear her voice. She sings songs from school, from the radio, from church and sometimes makes up her own. I love to hear her voice echoing through our rooms.


This is a snapshot of her Holiday Concert. She's positioned right in front of her Chorus Teacher, Mrs. Warren, who is the most exuberant conductor you've ever seen. She's excellent for the kids, and I know Katie has more interest in Chorus because of her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home